Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Packing it in early

I would just like to say for the record this is my first time I have ever shortened a long day distance because of anything to do with me. I have missed runs for injury and illness but once I am in a run, I don't shorten if it's a long day, well except today. I am pretty disapointed. I KNEW this was coming. Infact I had to take my singular yesterday and I was just running errands with the kids, so why did my dumb ass forget it this morning? Well that's just anybody's guess. The entire run was a long asthma attack, wonderful news, my knees weren't hurting at all but I could barely run so I am not saying all better with that yet. At first pass with my inhaler I realized I was out of juice, I went to the truck around mile 3 and found another to use. It made not a damn bit of difference today. I was raining too. I so wanted to just keeping going and stomp puddles but I cut it short.
I went home wheezing like a damn clarinet(played badly), first order of business to get my nebulizer out of the cabinet. Soaking wet with rain and sweat, shivering and wheezing I fumbled to put the plastic pieces together and put the medicine in. Funny I do it all the time at work but when I need it, my hands don't work right. My mom came around the corner with the kids as I breathe in the medicine leaving out white smoke. I asked her to stick around until it passed, it did eventually loosen, leaving a ringing in my ears. She took the boys with her on some errands and sent me off to do some of mine after my shower.
Not thinking super clearly, that stuff makes me shake all over, I didn't eat a lot before I left. I just figured I would get something as I shopped. I wasn't going to reward myself for this measly peice of shit run. I went to a silk screening place and ordered 12 shirts for my cheering section(its really not that big but that was the minimum), kind of crazy but I was running out of time they won't be ready until the week before the race. As the lady asked me questions I sounded like I wasn't sure of the answer. I felt weird. I even sounded a little stupid, at this point I was confused. As I got to the truck I decide its time to eat something because I am getting dumber by the minute.
I drove back up to our town and decided I would eat Taco Bell, its been forever and its right there. I pull in the drive through and I wait. and I wait. and I wait. Its 10:20am, they weren't open yet. hahahahahahaha. Yeah now I am really lacking glucose for brain function. I drive on up to Walmart and decide to just get my crap that I have to have and then I will eat. Well I got about 3 isles into shopping and I started to really feel quite bad. Oh boy I am thinking, hold on to that cart with both hands or you might fall. Flashes in my head : Over weight woman brought to her knees in local store, or even Local woman ralphs in isle 6. I got everything I could think I had to have and headed for the check out, and there is one lane backed up 6 million carts deep. I am starting to hot flash, oh shit I'm going to faint. I decided to be rude and cross over to the express lane, yes I see you counting my groceries. 25 items go soak your head. Along with the groceries I bought a snickers, with full intention of eating it in the parking lot. I get to the truck, rip open the snickers and take a big man bite. I chew as I place my bags in the truck, as I return the cart I get a funny look from a little girl oh yeah I have a big wad of candy bar in my cheek.
I went home, and ate the rest of the snickers. I am feeling better now. I am going to rest up, the lungs will NOT be making the decision, I will as long as I can remember my medication when I am not feeling well.

Jars Of Clay, Work

No comments:

Post a Comment