Thursday, August 4, 2011

A day away

I spent the day after my 8 miler at Kennywood with the kids and my mom and brother.(Hubbs out of town-boo!) It was a good idea. I was initially worried about the plans because its after a long run, but really it didn't make much difference, I guess I can take more than I thought. I put on my old 2160's for the day and my knee loosened up at some point during the day and I forgot about it for a while. I think I am going to run the next run on those and see if they make a difference.
 
The day was rainy but it didn't take away from the kids excitement. They had the best time, even my baby Jude wanted to ride all the kiddie rides with his brother. I pushed the jogger all over the park at least 3 times full of baby. We played games, we had tantrums, we bought crap. I must confess I ate coffee Dip'N Dots- called 40 below Joe, it was and is my reason for being there and coming back. And I sampled some crap food too, I ate potato patch fries- grease sticks, and a deep fried oreo-the fart maker. I got to hear my brother get excited like a kid(rarity) and my mom laugh at me hysterically.

In the family restroom my mom, me, and the kids were all getting changed and taking turns on the pot. I whipped out a travel deodorant while my but was against the door, the kids kept trying to open it and flash Meemaw to the world, I opened it and all the deodorant popped out onto the floor. The laugh my mom let out was priceless. I then picked it up off the floor, said "a marathoner in Kennywood must do what they will" and used it anyway before I flipped it into the trash and missed. Raise an eyebrow if you will but it was HUMID and I spoil easily.

The highlight of the day was actually at the end when I got to take my big kid, Miles on the Log Jammer ride. I had no idea how he would react because I have seen him try to climb out before at Waldemere with Ryan while I watched. What a difference a year makes. I held on to him and I could feel his little heart beating. He was pretty quiet down the first hill then the put both arms up and yelled "THAT'S AWESOME! YES! YES! YES!" When we got out he ran and jumped yelled. So I decided we weren't wet enough, I took him to the other end of the park and we got on the Pittsburgh Plunge twice in the front row. He can't stop talking about it it. It really did make my day, I can't wait until Jude is big enough to ride too.

Fun Song: ABC, Jackson 5

No comments:

Post a Comment