Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The mighty mob

Today was 20. I am showered now, I am definately feeling the burn but I am okay. I keep busting into tears every few minutes or so. I really had an awesome frame of mind today and I want to share it before it goes away. So forgive if grammar isn't perfect i am a little woosy, but if I don't write now it will leave my brain. So here goes as I chew my lasagne over my keyboard.

I was super prepared today. I bought a Nathan fuel belt with 2 bottles on it. (I fear water stops will close before I get done) I said I would never wear one, yeah I have one, its nice, doesn't chafe as much as the other one does. Because I had 2 10oz bottles on my back I took a detour for my usually boring long day. I ran from one end of the park to the other after 8 or so on the track, that's about a 5 mile detour. I did have to change shoes at 7.7 ryan dropped the old pair on the way to work, aging or not the ones I bought yesterday were murdering my feet. I put them on said good by to my hubbs and off I went down the road. It was gorgeous weather, the leaves are starting to fall a little, a perfect breeze.

When I run through the park there are some wishy washy surfaces and hills- it aggrivated some things like my IT bands, well they didn't hurt until 16 or so. As I ran past the lake I ran down on the gravely path that Sally took my picture for the paper on, I haven't been down there since then. It's too rocky infact I may have twisted my ankle but maybe not, I decided not to turn and go back that way I would stick to the road. My heart was there though, I was giving Sal a little fist pump. As I crossed by the play ground and back onto the road, I thought of the Four Mile Running Group and smiled. Back down towards the track the sun peaking through the trees, just perfect. Guy cutting grass, same guy from the super hot day gives me a wave, I smile and think wow its been a while. I let go of some things in my big old head that were bothering me for a while, and just let my mind go and roll around like marble, that's why I love distance running. I got back to the track at that point starting to feel a little tired. I am looking around for a focal point and I catch the back of this short little woman kinda swinging out her hips, her hair is done, I bet she goes to get it done, she reminds me of someone. Oh she reminds me of Judy. Its been a while since I had seen her, thinking oh yeah its been exactly one year since her viewing, because I was late to preschool orientation, which is tonight because I was there. I loved Judy, I cried at her viewing. I thought of her, maybe I stayed behind that lady too long but maybe Judy was there. The I passed the tree, I know its there I run past it all the time, it bares a  name of a distant relative  who died of an awful disease also Dave, so I put him in my heart too. I look at my Garmin, 16. I start thinking of all the people that could never or can't anymore run with me. In my imagination they are popping up behind me. Judy, then Dave, then Nanny, and Pappap, Grandma and Grampap, Uncle Donny, Uncle John,the nice guy at Monacrest that had MS I can't remember his name, but he never stopped smiling and he always tried so hard. Pretty soon I felt pushed by them. People who are still with me, My beautiful kids, my hubby, my parents, my brother, my awesome running friends, my blog readers.... all with me. We were all running together, you all behind me in a mighty mob. It was beautiful and I literally cried as I ran the last 2. It was like having a dream, an it was awesome.

Now we start the taper.

You get 2 songs that made me cry: Enemiem, Till I Collapse, and Jars of Clay, Its Out of My Hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment