Saturday, July 16, 2011

attitude intervals

 I woke up still feeling a little heavy in the heart. I was really ready to run. My shoes barely fit. I greased every toe and my heels, because there is a blister on most of them. I planned to do a pancake flat run, but this negative feeling needed to be punished, so I thought intervals for speed in a hilly place would be the best, to get good and tired. Everything went okay. I did however not turn on my garmin for about a mile of it, making a little more frustrated. My intervals are not counting in meters or minutes. I run hard until I am exhausted keep running while I count to 10, then I walk until my lungs are feeling it again, then I shuffle, then run hard. I don't like speed work because it opens up the door for more pain and risk of injury. I did it anyway because I something bugging me. I quickly dropped it once I took off. This is why I started running to begin with, it just makes life so much more easy to deal with. Honestly a good sprint is the way to have an adult tantrum, we should all try it.

Shark Attack, Limp Bizkit

No comments:

Post a Comment