Monday, July 25, 2011

divine intervention

Got up at 5 this morning to run. Got my peanutnaner taco in me, drank my coffee, got my sports bra on with a bit of a fight and just when I was about to leave... thunder, lightning. God's little way of saying go back to bed honey. I wiggled back out of the angry bra, put jammies back on, and listened to my lord. So I tried but I was all gassed up and I couldn't sleep. As I laid there I got 3 Charley horses, probably product of hot temps at work and my time of the month wiping out my electrolytes. Watched the news, talked to hubby, made his lunch and put-zed around until the gym daycare is available at 9am.
At the gym, run was just okay. I gu'ed before and at 30 min mark because I knew I was depleted from the get go. I dislike the mill, I really do. I did have a good moment though, About 40 minutes in I turned it up 1 mile an hour higher than usual comfort level and let it rip for 5 minutes, it felt good, really good. why? Because I was imagining explaining how piss poor I was feeling, how much I didn't want to be there, and how weak I was feeling and I got pissed off. 
Might I offer an apology to all the gym patrons who's nose I held hostage for 55 minutes because I was running in front of a giant wind tunnel fan. In fact can I get a moment of silence for their nose hairs?....*silent,bow head*....okay moving on :)

The song of the day(a fav): Somebody to Love, Queen

2 comments:

  1. Kudos for even going to the gym in this weather!

    I'm trying to catch up on blogs. Miss reading about your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leanne, hope you are doing well, I miss reading you! hope the new job is nifty

    ReplyDelete