Tuesday, July 26, 2011

On fear

I was wasting my brain today on facebook and I came across a video :http://youtu.be/jnqpYKx8Fvk.

It must just be something in the timing of my training but I started bawling. It was because I thought of my kids. Am I scared of not finishing, nope. Just scared of screwing them up, scaring them, scaring them for life. At this point I am thinking this isn't best thing to for them to watch. I planned the whole time up until this point to have them there, I wanted them to see me finish. Now I think that maybe a little selfish of me, because I am not a hundred percent sure I can finish and make it look pretty. I have already made a pact with myself to keep running if I barf on myself or if I poop my pants. I am considering keeping them away. I do believe I haven't even finished my long long runs yet and am already suffering from taper madness. I told you guys, anxiety out the waahzoo. Any thoughts?

Till I Collapse, Eninem

2 comments:

  1. It's gonna be okay. Really. Maybe don't have the kids there for the first one? I waited to bring them to the finish for the second one because I didn't wanna have to worry about them. Ugh, tapering madness is the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is what we will do. They are so small really if I took them to a 5k and told them a marathon they wouldn't know the difference! lol :P

    ReplyDelete