Friday, July 1, 2011

Tomorrow another first

I have already sent in my money for my marathon about about 5 months ago, so this is funny. Ladies and Gentlemen Its my first 10k tomorrow at 9am! Hahahahaha. I am pretty confident in my ability signing up for the whole shabang and never doing the steps up. I  know can do the big show so why am I just a little bit scared of this? I'll tell you why fear of doing horrible. We all know I am not fast. a 10/min pace is about the best I can do this is going to take at least an hour. They say to multiply that by 5 and you get your marathon finishing goal. What if it is over 6 hours???? I will get swept in Erie if that happens. If you can't keep 14/m they take your chip and make u finish on the path or quit, I have been secretly brewing fear for 5 months. What if I am too slow?????? Truth is I love races, I am going but I feel like I got a big flashing "v" on my head. This is a long run and I think only 2 water stops, I am trained for one every mile so far and I would probably need to gu because I am getting so used to that too, I am not sure what to do, hand bottle of Gatorade? I will be tossing and turning with this one tonight.
I bagged my cross training for the day I am going to the zoo with a friend. The Pittsburgh zoo is hilly and pushing 90 million pounds of jogger on them is a good workout, that will do prerace just fine... race report to follow. Wish me luck and if you are in Ellwood City don't run me over I'm going to be out there all day! :)

6 comments:

  1. You will do GREAT!!! And who care if it takes an hour or 2 or 6 - as long as you finish, and you WILL!!!

    ~Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I read about how "slow" you are I smile. I have been running for about a year and a half and I am STILL at 13 1/2 minute miles. I probably always will be. Oh well, I am running.
    Good luck tomorrow. You got this!
    Jenny R.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, NOOOOOO! I didn't ever want to make anyone feel slow, there is just awesome pace(fast) and super awesome pace(as fast as you can go)!Don't feel that way! Its kick ass what you do. I guess we should all feel every run is a gift because we can. And trust me when I am tired I am right there with you or even getting passed by you :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for reading and the wishes, i am glad i read these before the race. i promise quit my bitchin and represent for the super awesome pace group!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it's okay, Mama! I KNOW I'm slow. I'm at the back of the pack! But that's alright. I'm 5'4", 38 years old, built like a brick wall, and have never, ever been an athlete. Until now. Now I'm a runner. I am going to run my 6th 5K on Monday.
    I hope you had a great race today! You inspire me.
    Jenny R.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel you 5'5" and stalky and stubby legs, always picked last. I just want you to know today during the race you crossed my mind, I was happy to have you along. Thanks for encouraging me I was spazzing :)

    ReplyDelete