Saturday, July 9, 2011

Stubborn ass

Well I know I have had a little issue with my legs coming for about a week now. When I got up for the 10k I didn't feel ready, just tired, during the warm up for that race I didn't feel right. During the race, I tried my best, but I had I little hurt going on. The runs following haven't been great. I thought it was shoe time. Subsequently, I decided the protien diet was making me fat and I quit it and have been scrimping on eating all together because I had put on another 5 pounds. I have been cranky all week, and bummed. I have been getting night cramps/ charley horses at very inopportune times.  I did 5 monday that was awful. Wednesday I got through my 6 but the whole time my left leg felt floppy and weak. Friday I did the legs on the machines, and an hour on the eliptical to try to correct this weakness. Last night out with my husband I contemplated taking the day off today, partly because i took the acewrap off my ankle before we left, so it wouldn't show. (I was only wearing it to make it feel supported). On our date I finally got the nutrition book I was waiting for, I am reading it before I do anything, and some nifty new pink and black ear buds, plus an mp3 player holder- mine smelled like the bottom of a laundry basket at the olympics. So I really wanted to go try out my new stuff, and waking up I felt rested enough- remember lately I know it takes me a while to get my legs to go.

I got down the road new shoes and earbuds, after my warm up block took off listening to Gwen Stefani, Hollaback Girl and I started feeling crappy again. That damn leg crampy, weak, hurting. I hear Gwen sing about how' the shit is bananas b-a-n-a-n-a-s', I agree Gwen this shit is bananas. What the hell am I doing out here? This is starting to hurt. I get a nice little twinge of pain/cramp at this point you could imagine a rockin slide on Jimmy Hendrix's guitar like when he played the national anthem. Yeah awesome. I am at this point a mile and a half from my house walking just saying I'm ready to run again, get ready, get ready... I trot to a flop a few feet and walk and start to limp and turn around. I am walking home think I am doing the right thing walk/limping home now. It's hurting more now I am a mile out I start biting my lip this really f-ing is starting to get irritating. Can the cars passing me see that I can barely make this look normal? I could run still if I wanted to, but I know what that does. That lands you weeks of off time and bummed-ness. I am doing the good girl thing by ditching and going back. If I had no planned race I would probably run until I got my endorphins and couldn't move, but I barely got a sweat today. The last song was My Humps, by Black Eyed Peas. I have never listened to that the whole way through actually. I started singing my own words to myself. My limp my limp, my limp my limp my limp my limp- check it out. Make my junk work, make my make my make my junk work. 
Ah well, I have time to rest up for my 14. I have already resolved to rest monday's run too, I document this here so I am not a stubborn ass again and go, because eventually this stubborn ass will just sit down in the road and not get up no matter how hard I whip it.  To all the worriers, I am sure this is muscular at this point, and I think r.i.c.e. and maybe a little bengay ought to help out my stubborn ass.

Angry Rock: Douche Bag, Limp Bizkit

No comments:

Post a Comment