Wednesday, July 13, 2011

sport tape and salt

So I made it through my 14 better than I had hoped.
I had an epiphany yesterday, my weak ankle feels better with a wrap on it, why not tape it? I looked it up on u tube on how wrap an ankle with tape correctly, and also consulted an expert- my sister in law Occupational Therapist extraordinaire. She though it was a good idea too, just as long as the tap didn't effect my natural stride. On the videos I watched there was a pretape people were using I opted out mainly for the reason I already did my shopping and I didn't want to go back to the store. Well it worked. Fantastic! I was thinking to myself wow, I should wrap my other ankle next just for support. Then I was was thinking..No I'll wrap my entire body in it, this stuff is the bee's knees!
I had company today, some friend stopped by for a couple miles I hope I didn't ruin their workout, I was working on an asthma attack when they arrived. Thanks for coming Carrie and Jenn! Might I apologize for my outfit too, but its extremely necessary to be that uncovered on these days.That made the time fly and when they left I was thinking that I would miss them. After they left I plugged in my ear buds and cranked the tunes.  It was humid and sputtering rain my lungs made me do a couple walk breaks but I pushed through it. I also go like 5 side stiches, at one point I punched myself in the stomach to make it stop.  I loved the rain, and I loved the occasional breezes.
By mile 10 I look down at my legs, tape exploded and was flapping, I ripped off what I could and tossed it, the socked portion of my foot stayed wrapped. I had no problems with that weak ankle today! I truly enjoyed myself I finished did a little wobbly dance and stretched. I didn't start to "feel it" until I tossed my butt in the drivers seat then.... woof. I want to puke. I don't know how to work these big old puffy lead laiden legs. I get home when I got out I feel sand on my face, what the duece? where did that come from, both sides of my face actually like white mutton chops. I think for a second then I wipe it and taste it on the tip of my tongue. EWWW it was salt. Like actual salt shaker quality.  That is just gross. I sit in the ice bath, the house is quiet, as I wait for my nailbeds to turn purple I bow my head and thank god for everything.

Great run, farthest to date 14.33. Going to nap now!

YingYang Twins, Salt Shaker

4 comments:

  1. yay!!!! yay you!! Amanda- you're awesome and an inspiration...keep it up, sista... :) carrie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. An excellent run, Amanda! Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WAY-TO-GO!!!
    Jenny R.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristen Finkdizzle GarlickJuly 19, 2011 at 2:16 PM

    Great job! Thanks for the props..as awesome. :-P I'm not awesome enough to run 14.33 miles......in this heat! ah!

    ReplyDelete