Friday, July 29, 2011

Recovery after 16

Every long run is fun for me, yes fun. Even this last one that ended ugly. The not fun part is living until the run is recovered from. I can say that yes, on wednesday I laid in my bed again and watched tv. I put the BenGay on right away though, even before I blogged. But I never did sleep. I ate, in my bed and watched tv. I am seeing a pattern here that when I get like this tv is sooooo funny. Maybe its because even my emotions are over tired and funny its just hilarious. But the GasX comercial that has been on for like a year or more of the job intereview, seemed hysterical. I was crying laugh tears, so I thought good medicine better watch AFV too, so I did. I did catch the end of Bill and Teds excellent adventure, but somehow I didn't laugh, huh imagine that :). (snicker snicker).
Later that day we had a make shift birthday party for my mom. I had made a cake in advance and we had ordered a pizza or 3 for us to munch on. I made it through the day but not with out a couple tears. Trust me this is the part that you soldier through, taking care of kids. I was tired and sore and dissapointed with my performance. I forced my self to eat, I felt nauseated.
The next day not so bad. Sore yes, tears no. I am encouraged that the knee talking back is going to be fine. We went to a church camp to visit family. Complete with blistering heat of 92, and hills everywhere, toting 2 kids that are wild. Yep I came home spent. Ryan actually told me to go to bed. When I did I began to notice I am turning to stone. I gots the lactic acid buildup. It sucks my quads are stiff and my shoulders always get lumpy. I need a massage and lots of water. I may spring for one soon. I am still feeling not much like a run or cross training so I am going to take today off too. I am going to be outdoors again today with the kids, hopefully with my own spot in the baby pool.  The plan for the week is an iffy for saturday's run. Monday run, tuesday legs lifting cross training, wed 8 mile long run and then Kennywood with my brood, thursday off, friday cross train lifting or bike, and saturday run.  I think I am going to have some more coffee now.

Sore song: Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying, Fall Out Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment