Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Hidee Ho there wall!

Today I got through 16. but the last 2 miles where super ugly. The first half was awesome. In fact most of it was awesome. I am pretty proud of how my time was going by the time I reached 13 even. If I could maintain that the whole 26.2 I'd be having a great day. But alas, I was passing a couple of walkers in the turn on mile 14 and I felt my right knee get wonky. Yes wonky, apparently on daily mile that's what you say instead of hurting. So I walk a little stop and stretch and keep going REALLY REALLY slow. Then its fine for about another half mile then I have to wobble walk stretch again. Eventually at 15.25 I wasn't feeling too joyful as I usually do- this really hurt. I paused Flux, to stretch again thinking in my head I should just stop. I stretched took a few steps and thought; Nah, I can get there, I need to I haven't ever even walked this far before. So at this point I walked/hobbled the rest of the way. I get there and see my garmin is still at 15.25. I have no energy for smart mouth, or swears I just sob. Boogers everywhere. I cut across the half of the track to my truck. I stretch very carefully, sob, and toss my sorry ass into the truck, snotty sob. I am hurt, I pushed myself infront of all those people at the track to tears and I don't even get to sync the whole work out. I was probably a little delirous. 
I got home Ice bathed, horfed down some protien and lunch and now I am chillin with my boyfriend, Ben. (as in BenGay)
I didn't have the run of my dreams today but I still walked away knowing I got it done. I am going to be taking it easy for a few days on my wonkified legs, then  I will be counting the seconds until the 18 er in 2 weeks. I want to knock that shit out of the park now. I know I will too.
Today I sustained a blister on just about every toe somewhere, they aren't too bad. I did also recieved blisters on my nips-yeah a first for this girl. Its probably a bad idea to keep my inhaler in my cleavage. And got some good old chaffe in the unmentionables. I am now going to try to lay down and nap, but I see Bill and Ted's Excellent adventure is on tv. Haha as much as I don't want to watch it, I don't think I will be able to sleep so I think I'll have to endure it :).
Next week, I do the 50 cut back which is a mere 8.

Happy Birthday Mama! Thanks for taking the boys so I can do this!
Song for Mom to point her finger too: Aretha Franklin, Respect

No comments:

Post a Comment