Monday, July 11, 2011

Rest for the tool

So I proposed that would rest today after Saturday's excrement, and I did. I have to confess Sunday at work during an emergency I did have to sprint down a hallway and it felt pretty good. But I still refrained from my normal stubborness, I am saving my self for my 14er! Can you sense a teeny bit of excitement? Maybe a little :).
Everything with my legs is working itself out. I am wearing a brace on my weaker ankle for support,using 'the stick' on my legs, and I wore my Zensah sleeves all weekend. I think that I was just getting a little exhuasted, or even a tad sick, I had a low grade fever saturday.
I read Fit for Life, by Richard Katouff. I am going to eat the plan for the rest of my training. He made some good points about being afraid to eat, starvation mode, and over exercise slowing the metabolism. Now I will be eating every 2 hours when possible. This diet consists mostly as a formula with carbs, protien, and fat. The snacks I will have all have a spoon of peanut butter. There is really no refined carbs so no crackers, chips and very little bread. But at least there is carbs. When I tried to do this before reading the book, the person who told me about misled me I am sure by accident- I got all excited before knowing the whole story and gained 5lbs. I am going to do this now, the right way knowledge is power- being in a hells fire hurry just slows you down. Lesson Learned.
As I gained those pounds, Ryan noticed how bummed I was getting has now removed the scale from my house. I have no idea how I am progressing.... but at least I feel good. I would like to get a body fat percentage done soon just so I can see if this works, not sure how to do that. Anyone know where I can get a local reading?

Journey, Don't Stop Believin'

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy correction: Forever Fit, by Richard S. Kattouf II, O.D. Sorry peeps

    ReplyDelete