Friday, July 8, 2011

stiff

So I am starting to feel very stiff. It takes me about an hour to feel decent all over once I get up. I am sure that a lot of people feel that way. I usually wake up and walk upright and normal after I stumble to the toilet and pee. Lately I do a couple a minutes of hobbling now. And It doesn't all warm up and get it together until a walk for a little. Sometimes its stiff knees, sometimes its my feet that hurt, sometimes my shin, sometimes by back. The old gray mare, she aint like she used to be.
I didn't want to go to the gym today. I went. I spent some time on the leg machines for strength, hopefully help my achy legs in the long run. Then I spent an hour on the elliptical. It was definitely a challenge because it was not painful, but not fun either. I didn't feel good until I stretched when I got all done. Maybe I should start stretching pre-run, I always though you shouldn't, but as I go on its getting to be necessary evil.  Anybody do both before and after????? Anybody think that's an insanely bad Idea? Anyone else notice your upper arm Mpr3 player holder smells like your armpits on the Serengeti?
I have a short run on my schedule tomorrow. I hope I flop out of bed with a smile on my face.
Metallica, Crying Like a Bitch

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh, I know the feeling! I wouldn't suggest stretching before you run because stretching cold muscles can cause injury. Just sort of loosen up... and after you run, I definitely recommend a foam roller and coconut water. Those should really help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did do coconut water 2x this week. I do think its worth trying. But the foam roller, you mean the "stick" thing? i have one, not been faithful though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My routine is to walk for at least 5 min. before I run, then run, walk for a few minutes, then stretch. I've been meaning to try a foam roller thingy.
    Jenny R.

    ReplyDelete