Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I be needing a facial

Well I haven't been to a spa since miles was 6 weeks old for a massage, I hated every minute it was the first time I ever left him with anyone. Before kids, I tried to at least go once a year. I like facials. They get all the crap out of your pores. Back when I was a lady that spa-ed, I didn't run in fact, I smoked. I have always had nice skin. Even through puberty I was a lucky lucky girl. Now I think the longer I go the more polluted I am getting. I told you wednesday I had crystallized salt on my cheeks, and now all the oil and crud is revolting. I am trying to keep my hair off my face as much as possible. I have reverted from using Mary Kay's Cleansing products and cremes (temporarily until after race) back to stridex pads from my teen years. I have dry patches and I have grease pits. I got white heads and black heads. I don't think anything I can do at this point is going to make it stop until summer, and the long runs calm down. But I think I want a steam facial and a deep tissue massage, even if I am dreaming, cause I have ZERO time for that. That's a normal person with my problems would do, but I'm just not normal. 
ps pic in the spirit of honesty :) not whining, that's just how it is!

Song 4 Mutya(out of control), Groove Armada

3 comments:

  1. I, too, have skin issues now! No spa treatments for me, either. :(
    Jenny R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buy a Clarisonic. Best. Thing. EVER. for cleaning your face. I'm a facial product/skin product/make-up whore and have used and tried everything on the market. For the past 6 years, I've used only Purity by philosophy (it's a one-step facial cleanser that deep cleans your pores while it tones and hydrates at the same time. Geezus, I sound like a commercial LOL Then I got a Clarisonic, used it on my face, and the angels sang!! I use the Purity with that and my face is as smooth as a baby's butt. Honest to God, my skin has never been better. For an almost 50 year old, I think my skin looks pretty damn good. You really should invest in one because it's ah-mazing how much crap comes out of your pores when you use this thing. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe.... makeup whore....hehe

    ReplyDelete