Monday, September 19, 2011

Marathon act 1.

So we finally made it to Erie, after dropping of respective children, and animals. Went directly to the park for packet pickup.
Once we finally figured out where to go and park I think I might have yelled at poor hubbs like 8 times. We get out and I am acting like a child on the first day of 7th grade. Don't hold my hand, don't take my picture, just be cool....PLEASE! I wait in like for the full marathon A-F because the man in front of me is having stimulating conversation about where to eat later. They are laughing having a great time. I am in no hurry. Its my turn, I say Amanda Fink please. Now, what I am about to say is my perception, its probably not what happened my nerves have me warped. The man who was just laughing and being social with the guy in front, clammed up and looked at me. Maybe I was being too quiet, I do that sometimes. But at the time I just figured this was the reaction, and I should expect this. Because really looking at me, even I would say oh yeah right. All of my race pics I look fat, because I still am! Just one thing people don't realize-I'm a badass, and I guess I'll be proving it. So I said "thank you very much" with as much as a cheese as I could snap out, even though I felt so aukward. I always feel huge at these events, why should this time be any different? There was a little expo going on, gear to look at running stores and fun stuff. Instead of shoppin, this girl wanted to go. Hubbs clearly didn't understand because he kept trying to take my picture, and "saying are you sure you want to go already?".
We got back to the van, I tell him what I thought just happened. He pretty much told me I was imagining it. I probably was, but I am not delusional yet either. I am strong, but I don't look like it. That man maybe thought I would hurt myself, as a nurse and a runner I would probably feel the same way.
Anyways, this poor man that gave me my packet,  I would like to thank you. You probably thought nothing of it, you probably were just being yourself, maybe you had to fart, or just tired from being there all day long, or it was loud and you couldn't hear me. But thank you for producing the face that you did, I suddenly became un-nervous, and started my mission to prove you wrong for your snap judgment. I believe you are a nice person, and I was so nervous I was close to a breakdown so you probably didn't do anything out of the ordinary, but if you did- well I finished so there.
In the room I cheered up after I read my course map 3 times, and looked at all my stuff. I tried on the socks I got but I still have not put on or tried on my race shirt, I didn't want to do that until after I finished. Then we turn on the TV and I got to catch the end of Bridget Jones 2, I jumped up and down, I love love love love those movies. It cheered me up anyways.
That evening we met up with the Kenyan and a new friend Anne, they are fast! Anne placed 3rd in her group and PR'd in the half on a broken toe. We ate at Applebees, I did not eat pasta, I had soup and sandwiches.
Around 9 I laid down and begged myself to sleep. Nice room, perfect silence, bed was a marshmallow. I mean niiiiice room, sit down but goes down 2 feet. HAHAH. It wasn't a complaint, I got up feeling fine, It was kinda like a water bed it was so soft though. I kept laughing about it.The hotel was awesome to give us complimentary late check outs because of the marathon!
I set 2 alarms both for 4 am. and it was lights out.


song: I Believe in a Thing Called Love, The Darkness

No comments:

Post a Comment