Monday, September 19, 2011

Marathon act 4.

So after the lady with the bike rode off, I continued my battle. I did what ever I could do to keep going. I had to take a couple walks 5 minutes each. The cars were going fast on the side of me. I was doing everything I could do to keeping going. I looked behind me on the right to see if my calf had any marks on it as I was running, no marks but my leg was loose! I had no idea how the last few miles had affected my gait. I my legs were everywhere. I tried hard to keep my form and remember to not misstep. It became a baby trot. It was thilling to see the mile marker 25. I did never see a 26 marker. At the last water stop the girl said "200 meters almost there!" And I knew I was going to make it and I started to sobb. I am sure at this point no tears or boogers came out I was dry, but I was blubbering everwhere and making my 'ugly cryer face'. I was starting to hyperventilate with emotion, I picked up the speed, I could see Ryan and my mom and my brother. At this point I want to go faster and I am grunting/yelling/screaming because it hurts. My family starts running with me and I tell them to please stop because I had to do it alone. I continue to yelling and cry the whole way. I tried to sprint in but I am sure it just looked like a relaxed jog. The time on the clock 5:50:50 in the picture. http://www.runhigh.com/2011RESULTS/R091811AF.html, this is the actual time page. I was last in my age group and like 3rd from last over all. When I got to the volunteers I was screaming, and sobbing, and screaming. She handed me my metal, asked if I was okay. I yelled "I'm FIIIIINE". Then I yelled "I don't know why I'm yelling I'm sorry!" They took my chip off my shoe, and asked "is this a runners high?" and I still yelled "oh yes!".  The three people around me all had tears in their eyes as I screamed it out. They said I had to go to the medical tent to get looked at so I started for it, then I turned back and hugged the lady for giving me a metal and it was a big hug. "I will never forget you thank you so much for everything." then I gasped " I am so sorry I am disgusting right now, I have never been so dirty and I hugged you!" She said it was okay, waived me off. They sat me down at the tent, there was like 8 people there with stethoscopes on. They weren't very busy I guess. They sat me down on a stretcher/lawnchair and asked me what hurt. They were asking questions I was, according to hubbs still yelling. They took my shoes off, my mom said my toes were purple. My family was standing around me at the tent as the doctors looked me over. My mom came and kissed me crying.  Then my Dad came up, he had just made it, he looked distraught, he tried to make it but ended up getting lost in the traffic confusion and missed by like literally 10 minutes. I felt bad for him because I knew he wanted to be there, but I already told you he did his job for me that morning and I was okay with it. I was just happy to make him proud of me. I sat their and told them all about the last couple miles and the pretty bubbles. In the pictures from the tent I look high really. They let me sit there so ryan could bring the van around because the finish was already tore down at this point. They started tearing it down as soon as I crossed, remember they marked me as last official timed person by my number miles ago. All of those people helping me at that tent were doctors, volunteering. Wow that is so cool, because I know how much I bother doctors at their days off, and they STILL do that stuff in their free time. I won't forget their faces , ever. I saw them putting the stretchers away and I saw Marathon foil blankets, I asked for one. I said I always wanted one. They gave me one! Then the van pulled up my mom put my socks on for me, gently and I hobble to the car without my shoes and sat on my marathon blanket.
We went to the hotel where my dad and step mom came in an helped so I could shower and they could help us pack. My dad and step mom walked me in to the hotel in my socks with a foil blanket, filthy brine all over me metal on my neck. It is taking an insane amount of time to get to the room. I got there though. Ryan was right after we were. He stayed in the bathroom with me as I showered. He helped me get my clothes off an made sure I didn't pass out or anything. Let me tell you, a bath tub feels like stepping over a wall to get into after something like that. I didn't icebath, we had to go, I just showered. I screeched when the water hit me. Under my boobs a giant gash. And my collar bone raw at the base of my neck. I used an insane amount of soap. I washed everything like 3 times. I loosened all the sport tape in the shower then yanked it all off.  Getting dressed was also a sport, I did it but it was hard. Remember neosporin next time, I had no band aids either, the bra felt like burlap.
We sat and talked while Ryan packed everything. My dad bought me some chips to eat from the machine and I think the game was on. We were only 40 minutes late checking out of our late check out. :)
Ryan and I said good by to my dad and step mom, then we got drive through at Arbys. We got stuck in traffic so long, by the time we got our food I had to pee. So I took my cellphone just incase and waddled into the bathroom. It was funny the door was swelled and some old lady couldn't get out and I could barely help her.
On the way home I started to cry all over again. I said to Ryan, "what just happened here?".
I made it through the 2 hour drive okay, came home and laid down in my bed and I only moved to bathroom.
 Remember the Name, Fort Minor

No comments:

Post a Comment