Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Ducking out.

Today I brought my little boys back to the gym with me for cross training. I am tired to basement biking, getting bored with pretty much everything, today I was hoping to jump into a body combat class. I love body combat, it's an excellent work out and I have said before kicking and punching the air for some reason is therapeutic. So I love it, everyone's happy and I ducked out of the class a half hour in. So what happened?
The hidden part of all of this, that for about a week now, my knee has been bothering me. Its not pain. Its more of an annoyance. It's messing with me now, I am able to run on it once I am warmed up. When I am done that's the problem, it stiffs up and it reminds me it's imperfect. It's taking up valuable brain space, kinda like The Tell Tale Heart. I have been really tired lately too. To the point I feel simple household stuff is extremely difficult. I have been trying to eat more protein and as healthy as possible. I am taking vitamins, and trying to sleep as much as possible. I am still a zombie. This morning running around the house getting everyone out the door, I am thinking: why are you going?  I know my body is protesting for some reason. That knee is typically the weather vane of my body. It gets clicky around that time of the month, or when I am getting sick. So basically my whole body feels like lead jello. In the class I tried really hard to push past being exhausted and I could not shake the feeling that I am probably hurting myself. So I decided to duck out. I felt embarrassed but I don't think muai thai is the best thing for a whiny knee in training. I sat in my van at the steering wheel head in hands and squirted a couple tears and then drove the circus back home. I am just working on rest I guess. I just wish I knew what was going on, probably mother nature just being a bitch. 10 miles on my plate tomorrow, I hope I wake up on the right side of the bed.

Faith, Limp Bizkit

3 comments:

  1. I think it's good that you ducked out! I've learned that when I don't listen to my body, I get really, really injured. Once when I was training for a race I was always tired, my runs were hard, I was getting sick and I just kept pushing and pushing... and then I couldn't even finish the race because of a stress fracture! My body was shouting at me and I wasn't listening to it. I was waaayyyyy over trained. I've certainly learned my lesson! Take care and take it easy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so good to see you at class today. I think it was smart of you to listen to your body. Keep up the great work, strong woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. Paula that was embarrassing. I feel a lot better today.

    ReplyDelete