Wednesday, June 1, 2011

AHHHHH! SNAKE, snake, snake thats a snake!

Um yeah, HOLY SHIT! Sometimes when it is this hot, I think I see stuff that looks like something and when I come up on it, its a stick or something completely not what I thought. I thought this was a 4 foot long effin stick! It was moving but its 85 in the shade right now and that was 4th mile of 8.6. I screamed with wild abdandon and then took its picture before jumping up and down and pointing it out to the walkers behind me. I don't know what kind of snake that it is but it's really freaking big.
The run today was awesome. It was hot, sticky, and i smelled spoiled but my legs never complained, and neither did my lungs. I really enjoyed it. I was scheduled 6. I did 8.6. Here's my exuse i changed up my plan after I got hurt I was to do 5 last week I did 6. And next week I do 9. I figured split the difference, I was planning 7 in my head, but no lighting bolts from god today. It was awesome.
I think I need to work on my running smile. I ran the split half going oposite direction for even wear on my shins. As I pass people I always smile or huff out a "morning". Today we had a lot of goofy looks. I think maybe its because I am purple, sweating, and my mouth is open to breath anyway. I just kinda smile and open my mouth bigger. I think that it looks like I am going to eat them, maybe they are scared. I think some are just too old and ignorant to realize maybe I don't think I look so awesome I have to face them, maybe I am doing it for another purpose. Bottom line better watch that nose in the air, might rain....
I do have to lay down a couple shout outs.  Pink shirt- I think you are awesome. I think you kept your pace just awesome. And don't you ever stop running! Also Mom with stroller and 25 lb child in baby bjorn: Holy awesome girlfriend. I know you did at least 4 in that heat with that load on your chest(beautiful kids too!) I hope you didn't think I was being weird when I stopped and asked you to read Run Like a Mother. I am all about how tough that is, be proud of your self.
When I got home feeling a little more than over heated, I realized I was locked out. In the 5minutes it took for my husband to get someone to come let me in, I pulled off a screen to the garage and killed it. Sometimes I get a little woozy and stuff doesn't make much sense. He was not happy. Um sorry brain has not been refueled yet. I am dry and clean and safe in my air conditioning now. Thank goodness, thank you mother in law.
I love running! Happy National Running day!
Song: Joan Jett, Bad Reputation

2 comments:

  1. I'm not afraid of snakes, but I'd have shit my pants if I'd have seen that thing! My brother is TERRIFIED of snakes and has seen 5 in the past 3 days. Poor guy. :( Now spiders? I cry like a little girl LOL

    ~Paula, who still can't post with my Google ID

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow would not want to meet him on the road or sidewalk nice pic of him

    ReplyDelete