Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Hot hot heat.

Oh my goodness this has been an interesting week so far. Last night around 1230am Jude, woke me up I gave him some medicine because he had a decent fever, it did not go down. We ended up hauling ass to children's hospital after the intern answering the phone scared the shit out of my half asleep self and my husband. We sat up close to all night in the ER. After speaking with the doctors, turns out the pain medicine prescribed was not enough to bring down the expected fever. Lesson learned, we move on, thanking god for nothing serious, but feeling a little stupid. I usually throw in that I am an RN when we have anything to do with healthcare, I didn't mention it this time, my ass was embarrassed. So I slept a totally of about 4 hours. 2 before our field trip and 2 when we got home. Not to mention my mother came over in the middle of the night so we didn't wake the old one too, so my help for today is also really tired. Most people having the week I have had would not be doing a 10 miler today. I am not most people.
This morning Jude woke up without fever and with a smile. Mom showed up around 10am, I GO. It feels hot outside and I did hear in the back of my tired brain that it was an ozone action day, so I figure pretty humid. I bring a little extra gatorade. Well that was NOT ENOUGH. I didn't realize it was 94 in the shade. Yes ladies and gentlemen my stupid ass ran for 2 hours and 15 minutes and I ran through the hottest part of the day. I kept wondering why none of the runners that are usually there weren't  there. DUH. DUH DUH. seriously DUH.  I did only sync 9.2 on my garmin because I did have to pee and paused it, forgot to turn it back on. Thanks shit head tool amanda, now all the melting isn't really "real" on flux.
While out melting in the heat I did have a few things running through the old fried peanut head of mine... First I am definately getting a visor for running with my bday gift certificates and new shoes, its already time again! Second I was seeing mirages. Yes, I was. Seeing things like leaves on the track transform into bugs, like a transformer. Also I thought a tree stump from far away looked like a person on their knees holding up a wiener dog like you would play 'airplaine' with a baby. It did scare me a little. Around my 5th mile I started walking a little each mile, it felt like "the wall" was on my back. Third I was thinking about leaving. I didn't but I was a little nervous about being dehydrated. I got the shivers and chugged 24oz of gatorade at mile 5. Then I was still so thirsty I finished my water, and gatorade by mile 7. I was desperate so I did the unspeakable. I filled up my hand bottle with *gasp* spout water. EWWWWW. I am going to get the stomach ebola. I have see dogs lick the damn spicket. I wasn't about to throw in the towel after already kicking 7 of my own ass miles. So I probably drank some horrible germ or parasite, but it didn't make sense to not do it at that point. Mind you the sewage treatment plant is littlerally 1/2 mile from there and these are like well springs, fantastic.  I am starting to realize that this blog has no rythm, i am getting the thoughts out, aware its a ramble. Ryan likes it when I ramble on after a long day cause he said its "funny".
Today after having the sleep I had and the heat I was not a happy camper. I was enjoying songs with the "F" word in them, singing along. I am glad I didn't injure myself but I do have to say I have unspeakable chafe today. I am well aware my guardian angel could have put a foot up my ass, very appreciative I am not sick or injured, I deserve that chafe I still enjoyed myself and I am totally proud of my stupid ass for not quitting. Next time, we insert sleep and intelligence. I will be getting up as early as possible once my life levels off. And I am not going to dress modestly anymore. Its got to be stuff that looks like shit on me now. I wore a t shirt today and my shorts and it was too heavy. Its time for singlets and showing of my chub even more. Yeah baby let me shake it for you! HAHAHAHA. Um maybe I should go eat something, or puke, or soak my head. Today I actually said "Oh thank god" when I sat in the ice bath, it actually feels good now, I could have fallen asleep.
Time to end this bad boy before I say something really stupid, cause its a dumbass kinda day.

This song is explicit:
Hate You Song, Reel Big Fish

3 comments:

  1. hahah you are crazy, I love it. after my run today I went home and peeled off my soaking wet shirt, and walked past a mirror in just my sports bra and running capris - for a split second I had the delusional thought that I should just run in that. I'm pretty sure I would offend everyone within sight. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i swear to god I almost took mine off! I took a little "birdbath" in the little well spouts the dogs drink out of, or I would have not pretty with all the extra skin I have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete