Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Not my favorite

Boy time is flying. I am happy to say going home from the gym early was the right thing to do. Also taking off the knee brace and just being lazy helped too. Last night at dinner, a particularly whiney child got my attention, I took his temperature and we had a fever. Now he's supposed to be better damn it! It was 102.9. I wake up after we all went to bed to recheck it, yeah now its 104.9. Not happy. We only went to gym school one damn day! So I talked to the doctor on the phone, shes not too excited and we wait it out. We watch some sesame street as the medcine kicks in. He's comfortable enough to sleep finally. This morning he's happy with a 99 temp, he rolls back over, after annoying my husband with a 20 minute deliberation on going or not, we decide I have to go. Its early because its getting hotter and humid. I'll be back before the doctor is in anyways, so I go and I went really guilty. I felt bad the entire time, although he was probably still sleeping. On mile 5 I call home to make sure everythings okay, it still was, I think I got sweat in my phone now everyone sounds like they are in a tin can. I still send several texts, they whole way annoyed with myself for being there calling myself a 'd-bag,' and I am sure I annoyed my mom and husband.
I got through the run okay-ish. My left leg(knee leg) was a little weak feeling but after I decided to put my 24ounce hand bottle down, it went away. I think its throwing my gait off kilter. It maybe time to get a hydration belt instead..... they are terrible looking worse than the gu fanny pack. I will do what I have to do but I am not thrilled. Also not my favorite, I had to use the portapotty for the forbidden on mile 8, I had to poop. I had no other choice, that's what it's there for. I knew it would happen some day but, I'll tell you, I didn't burst into flames. Again, not my favorite.
I came home after finishing my task, feeling so horribly awful for going and Jude met me at the door with a smile. He's okay, its all fine. He and his brother pelt me with ice cubes as I icebath (regular occurrence these days), I am starting to realize its okay that I went, I still confess to feeling less than super mom today.

Looser, Beck

No comments:

Post a Comment