Saturday, June 25, 2011

It finally happened!

Ha Ha, no I didnt' beat the Kenyan yet, but my first toenail fell off. Yep I am that twisted. It felt like I lost my first tooth, a right of passage if you will.I get all excited hearing bloody toe stories from my fellow kindred spirits, but I did not have one of my own to share. Blisters- yes, all the others-yes, but my toenails used to be bullet proof, I was feeling left out. It made my evening last night. My toe was bloody at the movies with the family (no run done yesterday), so whatever, probably caused by the struggle with my 2 year old's first theater experience. I was wearing food, crawling on the floor for shoes, taking potty breaks- I was not surprised by a bloody toe. Then I get home and decide it would be a good idea to clean that up when I got home, and my baby toe on my right foot came off in my hand. Mind you I still have a nail bed but if you run your finger over it, smooth as a baby's butt. I am so proud.

I was also Invited today to run with a group. Equally excited over being accepted by people that call running fun. It just seems absurd, me doing all of this! Races I pay to be there, they really don't ever express a wish for me to be there, so this was a new way of feeling accepted to me. I love it. So we met up at 6. I come with the camel back, inhaler and mp3 player- I forget my garmin. Everyone else no players, no hydration, just smiles. I am thinking I am looking like a bit of a nerd. Oh well here we go. I am glad I had my water, but I really didn't need my player! I got a chance to catch up with Carrie, a friend with 2 kids 23 months apart also- rarer than a ruby without kids interrupting. I think she slowed down for me though, even though I told her to leave me in the beginning. The other 2 in the group 2 men, stayed ahead pretty much the whole time, but all of us working for the same goal. They took me up in the trail I have heard people talking about but never tried. I will tell you I didn't run up those mountains, I hiked, I was beautiful back there. Happy to have people with me, I am a chicken. When I run the brady's run park trail again, I will need a friend up there to beat up attackers with me or you know call 911 if my asthma gets too bad, so solo I stay to the road. Before I knew it the workout was over, I hope I didn't slow anyone too much! Thanks for having me guys, that was so much fun I'll try to jump in another time soon.

Song for 4 Mile Running Club: Friend Like That, Hawk Nelson

2 comments: