Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Stages of me, Part 5 The aspiring marathoner today

In the last year I have run every other day except when sick or injured. I am hooked. I love it so much I eventually started trying to top myself once a week. Eventually in the winter I got to 8 miles then 10 miles. Then after reading some books, I decide why not do the marathon I can do that! So basically that's when things got super crazy. I got my Nike plus, eventually I outgrew because it wasn't accurate enough, then I became a Garmin girl. Then the paper interviewed me, and we got all these awesome new readers. I have enjoyed my races this year. I made an awesome new bunch of friends. I am actually having a great time, this isn't hard- its a pleasure right down to the blisters, chafe and ice bath. So today I wish I was ready to be thrilled to share my weight. I am not. I am disappointed to announce I have not gone any lower than 195 in one year. My measurements have changed a little for the better, but that scale is a bitch, she don't give much. I have looked into this with my facebook forum, asking educated friends, and the internet. I have come up with a plan, I am going to find time so see another if not the same dietician. I looked at this calorie calculator, suggested by the Kenyan, from SELF magazine, you plug in age, height, weight, and activity, and actually length of work out and intensity. It said I needed 4300 calories in a day. I have been eating 1200-1500, this was given to me before I became a runner. Of course I took a couple trips off the wagon- I am not friggen super woman when it comes to eating, but I usually keep it locked down healthy. I gather from the scale I no long know what I am doing and I will be seeking help and advice. In the books I have read so far, it says in training plan to not loose weight. I understand I will not reach my goal weight this summer, that's just fine I want to reach my finish line first. Its been suggested to me to try different activities, I am not against that on cross training days. I am against not running, that aint happening as long as I can handle it I will be flopping on down that road! The runners I talk to either say they never replace calories they burn or they say they eat like hogs when ever they can.  I am confused on what to do about all that!
Today's measurements : Neck 13, upper arm left 13.5,upper arm right 13, bust 40.5, rib cage 35.5, waist 34.5, abdomen 39.5, butt45, upper thigh left 26, upper thigh right 26.5, left calf 17, right calf 17.5, upper knee left 21, upper knee right 22. Total inches 364.25. Current weight 203.6 (*damn it*)


Honesty is powerful. I believe this will help me every step of the way develop as a person and an athlete. Yeah I said it, I am an athlete, every last inch of me.

One Step At A Time, Four Year Strong

No comments:

Post a Comment