Friday, June 24, 2011

Protein. Lots and lots and LOTs of it.

This week has been a bit of a roller coaster. It started out like a death march and its now flying by like a super hero through the sky. The feeling I had this week in the beginning was baaaad. Lazy tired cranky bitchy sore whiny manda. I was thinking probably just about to get sick, my cycle, or working on a massive injury. Cranky bitch was swiftly turning to depressed bitch, how would i continue?
Monday I went on my run in the evening with cement shoes. I could only crank out 3 slow ones. While I am battle with my body on this run trying to toss my butt up an enormous hill a car drives by and yells something. Well isn't that fantastic? That's what I happen to need right now- hecklers. Part of cranky manda almost turned around at that stop sign and kicked out the damn tail light, lucky for them I was about as energetic as a floating turd, or I wouldn't of let that one go. Why does it ever seem like a good idea to yell at someone trying to do what I do to be nasty? Why is that funny? I drag pace home defeated. I ice bath (yes even after 3 if i feel bad) and whine to hubbs.
I mentioned tuesday my life suck/drain and actually leaving my class embarrassed. I eat more when I come home. I don't give a crap anymore. Make a big plate of pasta, eat it, hydrate and bed early. I got up at 5 for my long day. I wasn't sure I would even get there to mile 10. I did. The highlight of that run besides turning off the Garmin, was getting blown a kiss by some 80 something guy with a thing for sweaty under armor. Haha, really it was awesome.
When I got home later I ate my protein bar, and try replacing some calories, take a nap. I went to Lloyd's to pick up my shoes I ordered a while ago. In discussion I casually ask what he eats. I have no idea what to eat still, and I know my mood, and energy level has been shit lately. He points me to the book he's be pointing to since I have been going there. The guy for Team Katouff, Fit for Life. I didn't get my copy yet but he suggested high protein. Roughly 1gm per 1lb of body weight per day.That is a staggering amount, I even asked "Come on Lloyd are you sure? That's like 200 grams a day!How am I going to do that?"
At this point to avoid the last view days, I'll try anything. I start shoveling in the whey supplements and start reading labels. I am not a hundred percent sure If I have reached my body weight in protein grams in one day yet(I start a tally and can't finish it after dinner, life gets too busy), I came close yesterday though. It makes a HUGE difference. I am scared to take on this program because I am a chick, I don't want to look like a dude, I am afraid of gaining, but I haven't lost is so long I know I am doing this wrong. I am trying this program because yesterday I felt so good I cleaned my house. Not just a little bit, or stuff I do everyday, like rearranging and sweeping dust bunnies. On a thursday my friend that's amazing. Not sick, or hormonal one bit, my legs feel great. And this morning basement bike on 5 for a good hour, we'll try again with the gym next week I guess. For the next 90 days or so I will be eating protein like a psycho and reading Fit for Life.
I will survive this race damn it.

Cinderella Man, Eminem
(good for naughty swears)

No comments:

Post a Comment