Saturday, June 4, 2011

A new low!

Well did the Darlington Derby and I ended up placing 3rd in my division! Also a new racing PR. 30:35. I can't believe I toyed with the idea of not being excited. That is pretty fricken impressive, one year ago today on the same course I ran 7 minutes longer. I am still growing as a runner, and a person.
In my mind as I ran my heart out I kept thinking of Jude, my sick kid; he's watching me finish. I can't give up for him, I won't let him give up, I have to give everything in here.
I hit my inhaler 3 times, yeah that more than I am allowed. But I did not stop or even walk. Just busting out all I could. I actually could see Autumn for the first 2 miles! I have to say wearing fitted garments,  no matter how uncomfortable have improved my time, also peeing out pee before the run will really bank the minutes! :)


I love the people that have to do with this race. It was for cancer research, flip-flop for a cure, they are all super nice people. The did and awesome job, it's a fun race.
I am just now sitting down and realizing I broke 30minutes. I have been in 32 land for a long time. I am pretty excited! I am never going to be need a course map at a race because I will always have someone to follow that's just fine with me. Being better than yourself, that's winning for real.

Florence and The Machines, Kiss With a Fist

Ps, The Kenyan PR's today too! Something sick like 26:15, she took first in our group. Awesomeness in our little circle.

1 comment: