Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Damage control....attempt

I went to the gym because after a semi really nice day and playing with my kids in the yard, right when it was time to leave I heard thunder crack. It was god saying "don't push it Fink". I went to the gym hit the treadie, no garmin so no ticker advance for the 3 I did. It was hotter than it should be in there. They had the doors closed cause it was monsooning. I mean at least 100. I got 35 minutes in and that is after i took a short break to run to the locker room and take a gel. Something just wasn't right. everything feels a little weaker, i didn't eat and drink enough my first theory. Probably right too. I took a gel went back and i just felt strange on the mil, my gait weird, every step seemed weird. The truth is since i pushed the kids in the jogger I have been getting shin splints. I though the hunching over to push was the cause, as poor posture will cause that. But it has continued nagging me that its time for new shoes. I didn't want to spend the money yet because all the books say its not time yet. But the body gets what it wants. I am sorry to say I didn't go to Lloyds for this pair I bought last night, but i did buy a recovery pair the week before, I go there cause he's awesome he doesn't charge more and he's full of great advice. I went next door to Dunham's just to see if they had the exact pair of asics I have been running in. They did. I stood post 100 degree run, soaked and stinking by the shoe stock room door. The salesman raises and eyebrow when he sniffed my presence, I told him size and model he hands me a box. I march right up and pay and go home. Hell with it, we don't mess around with preventable pain, vacation next week or not. Every time I get new aches and pains I panic until I am sure I can still run, however minor it may be. Its so much of my happy I don't want it go away. I am taking today off even though its no big deal just trying to be a smart athlete. Probably going to gain a shitload after all that junk and not enough butt busting. Oh well better to be able to run forever than just this week and get benched. I will do 6 wednesday as scheduled. If I am still feeling it tomorrow during the run I may take it easy just to be responsible, even though I am already feeling major agitation from not exhausting myself yesterday.

With a Little Help From My Friends, The Beatles. ( dedicated to my legs)

No comments:

Post a Comment