Monday, April 11, 2011

Not so fast nice day, you're not going anywhere.

So it's awesome outside today, at least just for the morning. 78.2 degrees on my window thermometer as I type. With the sickies yesterday improving and working I couldn't get out that door. Today I wanted to so bad. This morning the boys are better but not perfect, they are bored with being stuck inside. I deviated from our usual gym in the morning. I dusted off the double jogger, that honestly I have never pushed with a run, we headed for the track at the park. I managed to make it around 3 times. Flux didn't want to locate satelites in the trees at first but I didn't stand still either, I wanted to take advantage of the happy child time, I got approx 2/3rds into my lap before Flux decided to come along. I am doing calculations in my head: approx 80lbs of kid and that stroller is about 40 with the steering little off and tires little flat. That's like 120lbs of effort pushing and running. I felt like I was standing still, we had to stop a few times for snack breaks and adjustments but after 33 minutes they had enough. We pack up into the van go up the hill to my moms beauty shop, she's not busy so I asked to go run around the neighborhood just to get another mile in or so. So happy she didn't mind. Her streets are actually nicer they aren't all lumpy like our hood. So I got like almost 4.5 miles out of today, and realllllly worked out. I could consider this a hybrid of strength and run. And with the heat, I for sure kicked some calories!My form was kinda bad so i have a feeling soreness is in my future.
Hoping tomorrow to be at the gym for strength training and bike, as long as the kids stay healthy, also after this month though, not holding my breath! Alternate plan is aerobics video in the basement :). You gotta be flexible as a mom and do what you gotta do!

Old school throw back song: BRock and the BIZZ, MyBabyDaddy ( oh yeah I went there, you're welcome for getting it stuck in your head)

No comments:

Post a Comment