Friday, April 22, 2011

I must be invisible, does that mean I have super powers?

So I think I have been doing the class I have been at on fridays for at least 2 months. When I started someone pulled me aside and told me to take it easy because I was new to it, and I might hurt myself. That's okay people always see me differently if they don't know me. I look like I never exercise if I were a skinny girl when fit. I smiled and continued on with the 80 year old broad next to me and had fun. This person must have never noticed me because during today's class she stopped and wanted the new people do the exercise with her first before the song started to explain the move correctly. I was talking to someone beside me, and she called me out and made me do the reps for her. Doesn't she remember me? If I were more sensitive I would be slightly offended. I don't give a crap when she's there, so why would she notice me? Not that I haven't stood behind her for almost every friday for 2 months, who cares? But the fact there were lots of faces I had never seen, and I was probably the biggest made me want to blow off the class and go out with the gun show and finish my strength training. I finished the class because I am loving the results. I am not saying in a public forum that I don't like this woman. No, I just wish sometimes I looked as fit as I am. She's actually not that bad, she's funny. Its not her fault, she's at the top of her game, and its her job to make sure beginners don't get hurt.
I am seriously considering the tummy tuck.....someday. Maybe just dreaming of it.

Dave Mathews Band, Satellite 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I'd be pissed. First of all, who calls out new people individually to "go over" things with them? If a new person doesn't want to do it, it's their loss. We're not in 3rd grade. That's not her job to single people out. I hope she realizes that you're not new and feels like an ass. I think you'd have every right to be offended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am not offended, just embarrassed. I wish I was a little bit taller, I wish I was a baller...you know....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, calling people out is a bit ridiculous. I think it would make for an uncomfortable atmosphere. You definitley should never underestimate anyone! You have no idea what they're packing inside, regardless of the outside. You could probably outrun most of the people in that class! You're the sleeper, the unexpected success. You're like Lou....who would look at the guy and think he does what he does at his age!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lou is my hero. I tell him every time we race, I don't think he can hear me....
    Really it was silly, but maybe she thought she was being helpfulllllllll?

    ReplyDelete