Wednesday, April 13, 2011

What wall?

Today was a good run. 12.66 on garmin in 2hrs 34 minutes I did some pauses on garmin on a cloudy day and lost about 1/2 mile distance. So that means its my farthest and faster than my last 12. :) I love you Flux you beautiful ginormus watch you.  I have to admit when I go back down to 6 again next week I'll be irritated I love pushing myself. Knowing I won't be going any farther for 4 more weeks is a little irritating even though I should be thanking god. Even as I blog I pull up a chair because I hurts to stand here now. No real injuries today, although new sensations. I tightened my shoes a little after my halfway mark because they were starting to rub. I must have tied them too tight because I lost feeling in both of my big toes after awhile. I did loosen them but it was too late. Very uncomfortable but my head was running and really enjoying it. I did also have a little asthma attack in the very beginning. Over all it was a good run. I tried some new songs, and also wore my gu belt :(. I hate it. I look like the dullest tool in the box. With my running earphones, and Flux and now this goofy glorified fanny pack I was definately pushing the limit of my 'I will never do that' list. I didn't take of the belt even though I felt huge and thought I was flaunting. Truth is I am primed for a half and I need to jump into one very soon for training, I will need that awful thing to race.
As I ran I had a lot rolling around in the noggin. Here's a sample of what I am thinking: If it hadn't been for cotton eyed Joe, I'd be married long time ago, where did you come from, where did you go?....Where did my boobs go? I look flat in this bra. That's a good thing, I hated my big boobs. This race belt is horrible. wonder if I could make a hat with gu's in it. yeah sew them on look like dread-locks. Damn hats make me too hot. I wish I could still wear it on my head like a jug, that's cool. What country do they do that in? Guess I have to stick it out with this thing. Cotton-eyed Joe makes me think of high school dances. I miss high school. I can't believe it isn't a  school anymore. I wonder if I could wear my old bra and put my gu in there? eh probably rub a hole in myself. My shoes are awesome. oh what's the pace? ooh look at me. still wearing this damn belt. Hope nobody notices. I am so glad I added cotton-eyed joe to this he's been married long time ago....

And friends that is what I call crazy. I didn't feel horrible at the end. NO wall today. No need for swearing songs. I finished to; I Believe I Can Fly, Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies

10 comments:

  1. How many Gu's are you packing in that thing? I found an arm band, but I think it's only gonna hold three Gu's max, plus my iPod.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. comfortably 5 but i can stuff 7 in there! Isn't it ugly? I hate that I need it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's actually not so bad. Embrace the belt! The belt is your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will use the belt but I know when I don't look cool..... It's the same feeling when we bought our minivan, knew we needed it, but really didn't want to be see using it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to add Cotton Eye Joe to my playlist. Now it will be stuck in my head all day. ;-)

    We bought Gu's at Llyod's the other day because Sean wants to use them. What flavor do you like?

    ReplyDelete
  6. triberry, choc and jet blackberry all have caffene. they all taste like shit. I really hate strawberry bannana and the citrus one. did you meet lloyd? isn't he the coolest?

    ReplyDelete
  7. He bought a vanilla bean and something else. I think they're scary because I have texture issues.

    Lloyd wasn't there that day, just his sister. He just started training her for a 5K. I wonder if I can tag along. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. they are really nice you should ask!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have major texture issues (it's a family thing, hence they've trickled down to Leanne) and would rather be found shrivelled up and collapsed in a heap before eating/slurping/swallowing a "gu". Seriously? Who named those things? Not really the most appealling term, no? "Yum" would have sounded much more enticing. But, even then I wouldn't let one get past these lips. Jello doesn't even get that golden ticket.

    When I start (real) running, I'm packing Twix and all caramel Milky Way's in my granny pack. Not even kidding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. well i do have to compair gu to a mouth full of icing/taffy. once its there you have to taste it, because you have to breathe before you can swallow. when i heard you could eat candy and run i was so excited, but when i get out there, i am too tired to chew and usually slightly nauseated. I think they are a must just like my minivan, but i don't like either thing AT ALL. :)

    ReplyDelete