Monday, April 4, 2011

Presents from the kids

Well wonderful saturday run, I was happy just about all day until about 5 pm at work. Then it hit, I got a migraine. I wanted to go home, but I made it until 11:15 and went home and melted into my bed. I got up in the morning, freezing, with a sore throat, yep a fever. DAMN IT. So I wait for the local in and out clinic to open and I am there exactly 1 minute after it opens. They do a rapid strep, its negative but I do have a fever. I am told to stay home from work. I gladly did it. I spent the whole day on my back sweating it out. I wake up this morning after the best night's sleep in 2 weeks, seriously I never moved, or got up to pee the whole night. Very rare sleep indeed. I feel a little worse. My ears aren't working.... again and now I sound sexy. (hoarse joke). I am calling the doctors today for a follow up course of antibiotics promised by the lady examining me(we are becoming chums, i am there all the time it seems) if I didn't feel better. Hopefully I get what I need. I don't want to be stupid but I don't want to miss my run today. I may have no other choice, I am definately not taking this hot mess to the gym with my kids, but later who knows how I will feel. Oh shut up asshole you shouldn't be running is going through my head. I probably won't even get dressed today. 10 miler wednesday will REALLY suck if I do nothing before. I have consulted my FB forum on when to push and when to be pushed in this respect. I don't expect any answer I want to hear from my local medical friends, I try to listen but these 4 walls get smaller and smaller in between runs. So if I am miraculously recovered i might jump a treadmil tonight and stare at the speck on my dry wall for a while. But the way I feel now, I think my mp3 player my blow my head off my shoulders. Thank you children for sharing your love and germs with me, I am grateful.
Slow song: Practical Amanda, Ben Folds

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Leanne. I got my antibiotics already, working on sucking it up as we speak :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amanda! I was always told not to run with a fever. You won't lose any endurance for a couple weeks, in fact, when you're up to it , I'll bet you have a great long run. Fresh legs!
    Rest. Feel better.
    -Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sally, it makes sense. I think I was a little delirous, i didn't run, and i won't today either. fresh legs is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete