Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Small victory.

Hey hey I didn't do anything fast, but I made it out the door people! And then I did a 9er. The sun was out and it was warm and breezy.
4:30 am we heard an awful noise, sounded like a freight train, it was high winds and a thunderstorm trying to suck away our house. Ryan and I grabbed the kids, woke them up(damn!) and took them to our basement where it was safer. We lost power so we had candles, flashlights and the police scanner. Down trees everywhere. Kids are up playing by candle light, awesome dad goes and fires up the generator at 6am and wakes up everyone around (sounds like a sick lawnmower) but at least we had coffee, tv and flushability! Thanks honey we love you, you're awesome and still very much my favorite dork.
Kid number 2 fever finally down enough for me to go run, I myself not feeling the best make a split desicion after sudafed gives my face a slap of chuck norris. I am grateful sudafed. I get all dressed, no filtered water eww! Well I do tap and move on, but I don't like it one bit. I made it to the track and cracked out my 9er, with only 5,000 texts for my mom to make sure he is still fine, I have a major worry issue. 
I stopped at lloyds running shop to buy some new everyday soft shoes, got the Asics Gel Nimbus 12, super squishy and lovely cloud shoes. I will be wearing them all time when not sleeping or running for comfort. I shot the breeze with him for a while, got more gu, another lovely lloyds shirt and a recovery roller "the stick", because that has to be cheaper than a massage. Then, I went shopping after because we are running low on kid food, by the time i got to people food I was hurting. Time to go home. I'll go back tomorrow. I actually bought beef jerky and ate it, just looked good to me. think I needed some salt. Then I go back home to be puked on (its a daily thing not a worsening), and climbed on and yelled at by Kid number 1. I am tired. But so pleased for my small victory, and thank you lightning Mcqueen for the 20minutes of quiet for the blog, and thank you mother for putting up with your crazy daughter.

song: Amerie, Gotta Work

1 comment: